|Sinfonia (Phi Mu Alpha fraternity) was one of the groups|
that made their first ever donation to the archives.
First a quick and dirty recap:
- From when I started first arrived at Potsdam (July 2011) up until BITTAW the archives received donations from two student groups. One was a group that the previous College Archivist was an advisor for, and one was a group that a former student volunteer was a member of.
- During BITTAW we received seven donations, five of which were materials related to student groups (the other two were from academic departments).
- Four of the student group donations were given by current students, and one was donated by a community member.
- Four of the student group donations represented new collections for the archives.
- Ongoing conversations that started during BITTAW have led to two additional donations, one from a student group and one from an academic department.
- Word of mouth from BITTAW has also started several other conversations about donations, including providing an opportunity for me to speak to the Greek Alumni Council about donating materials to the archives.